Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Phase 1 review

This would be my phase 1 review.  Since I got the car and started this blog, I had dumped more money than I should. 

I went to the convertible shop this morning to get a quote for fixing the top.  The quote was 2/3 of the original car purchasing price.  The car was dropped there for a close inspection and detail quote.  There would be 2 options: one is to make it work, and one is to seal the top. 

While seeing the car pulling into the shop, I saw the reflection of the body panel.   I was so disappointed with the work from that cheap body shop.  I guess if I want good work, I need to spend money. 

Conclusion:
- Cheap shop = cheap work.  don't go cheap
- Don't trust Yelp.  If a shop has 5 star review, treat it as 3.5 star.
- If a shop doesn't have any reviewer on Yelp, don't go.


Experience costs time and money.  Maybe it's time for me to cut this project off.

1 comment:

  1. It'd be sad to see the project being cut without completion; but, I agree with you - it'd financially make sense....

    ReplyDelete